CHOIR (HOPEM PRAISE TEAM)
The Choir department of the Church occupy a very vital position in the body of Christ. The objective of the Church is to reach the dying world with the gospel (Matt 28:19a; Mark 16:16-20) also Choir being an integral part of also, plays a helping role to the Church by achieving her goals.
- To propagate the gospel through songs and hymns (Eph 5:19; Col 3:16)
- Help in projecting the doctrine of the Church not heresy (Heb 13:9)
- Help by projecting the glory, purity and nature of God (Rom 12:1-2)
- Lifting and making the presence of God a reality to the worshippers
- To edify the body of Christ (Eph 4:12)
- Encouraging and challenging the body to have a lifestyle of praise to God
The prospective member/candidate are expected to fulfil the below conditions/criteria.
- A member must have full understanding of the operating policy as provided in the handbook for the choir.
- An aspiring member must complete and submit an application form in regards to his/her intent and related position applied for to the assembly Sectary or Choir leader.
- Successful member must be in receipt of a formal acceptance notification which is either in writing or verbally communicated by the Church Sectary or Choir leader.
- Member must have a personal file record and kept in Church office.
- Please see all other spiritual requirements in the choir handbook copy of which can be provided prior to joining the choir.
- Must be age 12 at the time of application
- Have in mind and as priority the growth of the Church
- Must have good testimonial evidence of a member of the Church who has been a member for at least a year
- Must be of good behaviour in and outside the church (Rom 13:1-5)
- Punctuality and commitment is essential for choir practice and Sunday services.
CHOIR LEADER – Sis Bola Bolaji